YOU MISSED IT! Here’s some of the Fabulous Stuff you could have won at SBB’s Second Annual Silent Art & Gift Auction at Crystal Point Yacht Club on Thurs, Sept 23. But you and your friends are invited again next year! A big THANK YOU to those generous folks who did attend! We hope you had a great time!
Here is a sampling of the items up for Auction and Raffle at Save Barnegat Bay’s second annual Silent Art & Gift Auction. The event will be held at Crystal Point Yacht Club on Thursday, September 23. Doors and bidding open at 5:30. Cocktails, hors d’oeuvres at 6 o’clock. Dinner will be served at 7 o’clock (Your choice of Boneless Breast of Capon, Stuffed Sole Florentine, or Baked Manicotti). We should finish about 10 PM. It is not too late to sign up to attend. Phone 732-830-3600. (We apologize to the many donors whose gifts are not yet listed. We have a lot of exciting items, and we are steadily adding to the list.)
THIS IS PART ONE OF THE LIST.
It features Travel Opportunities, Dining Opportunities, and Great Books.
(PART TWO features Fine Art.)
– Five days and nights in a Penthouse Ski Condo in Steamboat Springs Colorado. Ski in, ski out. Inside: Three spacious bedrooms with three baths. Outside: Lots of powder. Also: Hot tub, pool, etc… You are responsible for transportation, but rates are very reasonable on non-stops from Newark to Steamboat Springs (no change in Denver). Courtesy of Mr. and Mrs. Donald Redlinger.
– Spend the weekend in Historic Eighteenth Century Philadelphia. You and your friends can stay in a charming historic 1754 home within walking distance of Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell, many museums, and many fine restaurants in the historic district of Philadelphia. Friday afternoon thru Sunday night. Two bedrooms, limit of six persons. Your choice of weekends after November 15. Courtesy of Jim and Barbara Earle.
– Two NFL Tickets: Jets vs. Seahawks, Sunday, December 19 at Giants Stadium Section 204, Row 3, Seats 5&6, Gate A, Tier MZ. Courtesy of Robert and Helen Kaplus.
– Row to health and fitness in a unique Pedigree 20′ Rowing Shell designed by legendary yacht designer Britton Chance Jr.; built by renowned yacht racer Bob Derecktor; powered by hollow, basswood Piantedosi oars with Macon blade; complete with highly mobile handcrafted dolly from Silver Cross Balmoral Pram of northern England. Includes delivery to your home. Questions? Contact Peter Wright. Can be previewed by appointment. 732-830-3600. Courtesy of Peter and Joan Wright.
– Win a Kayak. Paddle to your next Planning Board Meeting in a brand new, 9′ 6″ Old Town “Otter” recreational Kayak. Complete with paddle and life jacket. See the model here. (Color may vary.) Courtesy of the Jersey Paddler.
– Win a Canoe. Paddle Barnegat Bay, or your favorite tributary, with your friends and family in an almost brand new aluminum 16′ Canoe. Courstesy of Mary Evslin.
– Three hour Barnegat Bay Cruise 6 guests will enjoy a pleasant morning or afternoon guided or instructional sailing cruise aboard a Morgan 24 Sloop. Based in historic Barnegat, NJ, next to the heart of the Forsythe National Wildlife Refuge in a highly natural setting. Courtesy of Mr. David Moore, Barnegat Bay Kayak and Sail.
– Crab Cake Dinner. Twenty-four delicious crab cakes, serves ten. Brimming with Succulent Jumbo Lump Crabmeat prepared by crab cake specialist Norman Wolfson, who created them for previous Save Barnegat Bay events. Courtesy of the Chef.
– Bid on a Case of California’s Finest Wines. A deluxe 12 bottle California Wine Club selection. Courtesy of Thomas and Claire Calandra.
– Indulge yourself ! Gift Certificates from Bayside Café, Crab Shack, Heatwave, Office Lounge, River Lady Cruises, Runners Seafood, and Surf Taco.
“To The Shore Once More, Volume II“, autographed by Frank Finale. Beautiful hardcover volume featuring prints of well known Jersey Shore artists, with prose and poetry by Mr. Finale. Courtesy of The Book Bin, Point Pleasant.
“The Seaside Reader “, autographed, edited, and with an introduction by Dery Bennet, naturalist and past Executive Director of the American Littoral Society. Paperback. 310 pp. Courtesy of the author.